The 2005 Board of Directors established the ILSG Student Research Fund with US$10,000 from the Institute’s general fund to encourage student research on the geology of the Lake Superior region. A minimum of two awards of US$500 each will be made each year for research expenses (but not travel expenses). Students are expected to present their research orally or during a poster session at an ILSG meeting. The award winners will also be automatically eligible for the Eisenbrey Travel Awards. To allow the fund to grow, the Fund will receive one-half of any additional proceeds from each annual meeting, after all other commitments and expenses are covered.
• The Board of Directors will be responsible for selecting a minimum of two awards. The ILSG Treasurer will issue the awards.
• The ILSG Student Research Fund is available for undergraduate or graduate students conducting research on the geology of the Lake Superior region.
• Students should complete the application form (form fillable PDF or Word file) and keep strictly within the two page limit (excluding references and figures).
• The proposal must be signed by the researcher’s supervisor or be accompanied by an Email from the supervisor supporting the proposal.
• Applications are due to the ILSG Secretary by August 31st each year. Awards will be announced by October 1st of each year.
• Names of the award recipients will be announced at the next annual meeting and posted on the ILSG website.
Proposals can be sent either on paper or electronically (preferred) to the address below
Dr Peter Hollings
Department of Geology
955 Oliver Road
Fax (807) 346 7853
Return to Institute on Lake Superior Geology Main Page